The Savannah Mill is currently seeking a qualified Process Control Engineer. The Savannah Mill is located in Savannah, GA, which is approximately 1-hour south of Hilton Head, SC and 2 hours north of Jacksonville, FL. The position reports to the Manager of Process Control.
The Process Control Engineer is responsible for the analysis, planning and control of the following:
- The design and implementation of process control schemes to support existing processes which include process efficiency improvements, optimization, process variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety requirements and equipment/process reliability.
- Specify control hardware and design control schemes for new process automation projects.
- Key customers include plant operators and supervisors, technical and business groups, and maintenance personnel.
- Train operators and maintenance personnel on new control functions.
- Assist technical groups with process improvement activities.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities and RCFA investigations.
- Responsible for business continuity of process control systems through documentation, training and management-of-change process.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in developing control strategies and control narratives for process improvement and new projects.
- Share the responsibility for providing weekend and off-hour support for all Process Control mill needs.
- Willing to provide mentoring support to other engineers and technicians.
- Qualified candidates must have experience with Honeywell TDC 3000
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related field
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Experience with loop performance evaluation tools and process data historians (i.e. PI) is a plus
- Experience in the coordination and implementation of DCS/PLC upgrades and/or new installation/startup
- Experience with instrumentation, motor control, regulatory control loop tuning, and advance control processes.
- Proficiency in the hardware and system configuration of ABB 800xA, ABB 800M, Bailey Infi90 and/or Rockwell Control Logix systems
- Familiarity and experience in control strategies related to Recovery and Power Boilers, Pulping and Chemical Recovery and/or Paper production processes is a plus.
Timely Decision Making, Integrity & Trust, Priority Setting, Drive for Results, Functional/Technical Skills, Managing and Measuring Work, Managerial Courage, Problem Solving and Informing.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.