Responsible for the planning and scheduling of Chattem in-house and third party manufacturer (TPM) production to support corporate service level and inventory objectives.
• Develop 12-month rolling Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Capacity Plan based upon Operation’s Sales Forecast.
• Convert MPS into detailed production line schedule for short range (2-3 month) horizon balancing inventory needs, capacity utilization and changeover impact.
• Coordinate with Plant Operations, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Customer Service and Distribution to ensure timely execution of production schedule and fulfillment of customer sales orders.
• Provide component/ingredients needs to Materials Planning or Procurement from Materials Requirement Plan (MRP).
• Participate in monthly Operation’s Sales Forecast consensus meetings with Demand Planning, Marketing, Sales and Finance making recommendations based upon observed sales trends to help forecast accuracy.
• Establish and maintain Item Master, Bills of Materials and Routings within JD Edwards (JDE) system.
• Develop and maintain Standard Packaing Instructions (SPI’s) for use on Chattem packaging lines.
• Prepare inventory obsolescence reports as required for review with Supply Chain, Marketing and Finance.
• Plan and implement packaging and/or product changes consistent with Marketing objectives, while minimizing inventory obsolescence.
• Plan new product or line extension launches consistent with Marketing & Sales timelines.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.