- This position maps to our Engineering classification and agencies.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects and interfacing with multiple business units.
- Provides technical oversight for the design, modeling, development and testing of substation communication systems related to SCADA/EMS and teleprotection channels.
- Reviews standard substation drawings and equipment configuration requirements related to these systems, including RTU programming.
- Understands and applies standard engineering principles and communication protocols - particularly DNP and IP.
- Integrates designs to produce final product.
- Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety.
- Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
- Implements sound cyber security architecture and configurations on substation devices.
- Applies NERC CIP compliance requirements.
- This position is intended for roles requiring technical experience such as engineering or construction.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects, projects that are small to moderate in scope, risk, and/or organizational span, including subprojects of larger, more complex projects.
- Manages multiple projects and orchestrates the results to achieve a broad program goal.
- Plans and implements schedules and monitors program from inception through delivery ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Defines and reports program status, development issues and success metrics.
- Identifies and monitors areas of risk.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve cost, performance and schedule.
- Manages to budgets.
- Facilitates communication and coordination among projects.
- Manages stakeholder engagement and satisfaction.
- Maintains awareness of trends, business conditions and internal process and practices impacting component projects or overall program.
- Adheres to standard project management methodologies and reporting techniques.
- Manage major programs associated with cybersecurity initiatives and private communication network strategy.
- Profeciency in MS Office required.
- Requires engineering expertise.
- ABET accredited engineering degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering required.
- PE license preferred.
Position will be located at 414 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN