Cheshire CT 06410
Seeking a Project Coordinator that is either recently out of college OR has 1 to 3 years of experience that has either a degree in engineering or physics that is excited to join a team where they will be trained to wear multiple hats a learn and grow - both in their work but in a growing Industrial R&D facility!
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the VP of R&D. Responsibilities include working closely with Project Managers to develop and execute comprehensive project plans.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with Project Mgrs. to Develop and execute detailed Gantt charts using MindView or comparable PM tool
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Weekly update meetings with each department manager
- Develop & track KPI’s ie: Schedule, Capital & Labor burns against budget
- Modify and communicate project schedules and budget changes.
- Develop and execute inventory and performance reports.
- Produce quarterly reports and other presentation materials suitable for organization upper management.
- Assist facility and department managers to set associate performance goals and conduct reviews
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Functionally decompose complex projects into achievable tasks
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budget
- Oversee project procurement management
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate roadblocks and facilitate communication
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance test
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Project Coordinator managing complex projects from conception to delivery,
- Strong working knowledge of MindView or Microsoft Project, Excel , Google Sheets
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp or Trello)
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- BS in Business Administration or Engineering background
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus
Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
Communication/Critical Thinking Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
The manager wants a Project Coordinator that is either recently out of college or has 1 to 3 years of experience. They want someone they can mold and train based on what they do.