The best-integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Project Manager in our Corporate Workplace sector.
· Portland, OR
As a Project Manager at Our Client you will be responsible for leading projects on budget and schedule while delivering design excellence. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. Our Client is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You'll provide hands-on supervision to design staff during all phases of the project as well as partner with vendors and consultants as needed and internal partners. Additionally, you will interview in front of clients to win work.
The Successful Candidate Will
· Be able to handle complex design projects of the largest magnitude.
· Develop project Work Plans (schedule, budget, cartoon set) for project success.
· Be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
· Serve as primary liaison contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
· Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
· Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
· Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced project managers
· At least fifteen (15) years of experience in a commercial architecture firm.
· At least five (5) years of experience with Corporate Workplace projects
· Knowledge of Microsoft Project for project scheduling, and Excel for budgeting and fee proposals.
· Excellent public speaking skills to participate in interviews and client presentations.
· Ability to travel as projects and tasks require.
· Collaborative management style and excellent people skills.
· Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program
· Five years project management experience
· Registered Architect in Oregon or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of starting
· Some knowledge and use of Revit or other design software
Our Client is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. Our client fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.