Candidates for this position will be responsible for quality assurance for the Prepress department. This will involve but is not limited to correcting grammatical and spelling errors, formatting and style, as well as fact-checking key information. This person will be enthusiastic, patient, detail-oriented, and open to working with systems and processes that are highly regimented to ensure quality is on-point. This person will need to be comfortable both working collaboratively with team members as well as working independently for extended periods of time.
* Proofread documents before formatting starts and quality check every update.
* Review data merges and document logic for dynamic mailings to verify content and technical requirements.
* Discuss client needs and requirements with various internal stakeholders and provide expertise regarding prepress and print development processes.
* Ensure quality of work by managing version control within our department according to standard operating procedures.
* Bachelors degree in English or 2 years comparable experience
* General working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
* High level of comfort on the Windows platform and Microsoft Office.
* Experience reading CSV and XML data
* Previous legal proof reading experience
You will enjoy this job if:
* You are an expert multitasker and can track the status of various open projects simultaneously
* You are comfortable switching between various applications to complete a task.
* Youre the kind of person who notices when your friends dont use proper grammar in their texts
* You can spot the difference between et. al. and et al.
* You enjoy working remotely and bonding over gifs in a team chat
* You love the details * You take a methodical approach to solving problems
* You have a sense of humor (we fancy ourselves funny)
Please Note: Only submit candidates that are in HST time zone.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.