Registered Nurse ICU - Fredericksburg, VA
Full time Days/Nights (rotating weekends)
Intensive Care Unit
- 12 bed unit
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
- Demonstrates clinical competency to practice within the unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Demonstrates competency in patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Communicates effectively with staff, peers, supervisors, ancillary department, internal and external customers.
- Utilizes quality improvement as basis to improve unit/departmental process.
- Pursues professional growth and development.
- Maintains unit readiness for regulatory surveys.
- Assumes accountability for decisions and actions.
- Contributes to the smooth operation of the unit.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to AACN nursing standards of practice.
- Ensures Patient/Family Centered Care is provided in the department.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Provides direct nursing care, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of SRMC.
- Exhibits nursing characteristics of the Synergy Model as outlined in the Nursing Strategic Plan: Clinical Judgment/Advocacy/moral agency, Caring Practices, Collaboration, Systems thinking, Response to diversity, Clinical inquiry/innovator/evaluator, Facilitator of learning of patient/family educator.
- Required - Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
- Required - Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or compact license
- Required - Current certification as an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required upon hire and ACLS required within 6 months (180 days) of hire or start date in position.
- Preferred - Current certification in specialty field.
- Preferred - Minimum of two years of experience as a RN with demonstrated competency in critical care skills.