Salary range from $25.28-$27.03(2-4 yrs) - $27.74-$30.40 (5-9 yrs.)- $31.00- $33.80 per hr.
Registered Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery- San Antonio, TX
Shift: Full-time Night 7P-7A
Methodist Children’s Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital continues to lead the region in treating severely ill children, those with complex and chronic medical diagnoses, by providing the most sub-specialized care available. Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion, which will increase the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet. The new tower includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children’s imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The 94-bed neonatal intensive care unit, still the region’s largest, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 and is the city’s only Texas Department of Health-designated Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit. The new tower also includes 15 additional ER rooms, bringing the total to 40. Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. has nationally recognized Methodist Children’s Hospital. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children’s Hospital under Locations.
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
• Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
• Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, and formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
• Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
• Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area, you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN III position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS and ACLS certification
- You should have 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.