RN NEURO ICU- Mission Hospital, Asheville, NC
Shift: Full Time Nights 7P-7A
Mission Hospital is a 763-bed healthcare facility located in Asheville, North Carolina. The hospital is known for being the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as being home to the only children's hospital in the western portion of the state. Mission Hospital offers a variety of services, including women's services, sports medicine, and neurological care. The hospital's cardiovascular services include the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region. The quality of the facility's services has earned much recognition, such as being named among the nation's best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Truven Health Analytics, and Healthgrades.
Provides leadership, which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position.
- Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
- Masters in Nursing.
Required License or Certifications
- Must have and maintain current licensure as a registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
Preferred License or Certifications
- National Certification in area of specialty.
- One-year hospital nursing experience
- Experience in an acute care facility
- Must have experience in Camino, slash bolts, craniotomies, brain drains, post neuro-surgery patients etc. (highlight this experience in the candidate summary)