REMOTE MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
Our key client is experiencing tremendous growth and adding to their remote Mortgage Underwriting team. We have opportunities for both conventional and FHA Underwriters. All roles are 100% remote work.
OVERVIEW: FHA Underwriter with 5 years exp and current CHUMS ID DE = Up to $120k Conventional Underwriter with 1-year front-line experience - $70K to $80K Quarterly bonuses based on performance Quarterly retention bonuses minimum of $5k
Both types of roles require a High School Diploma or GED. Overtime is available upon approval
- Underwrites loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP)
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity
- Ability to function in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Appraisal review and tax return analysis skills required
- Experience with repurchase response and/or rebuttal review and response preparation
- Secondary market experience a plus
- Understanding of TRID, RESPA and Predatory Lending
- Strong analytical and decision making/problem-solving skills
- Possess a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to handle a high-volume workload
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Proficient in computers including LOS systems, Microsoft Office and Excel. Ability to adapt/ learn/utilize multiple software programs.
- Experience with paperless environment preferred.
Questions from the employer
- How frequently during the day do you communicate with borrowers? Processors?