$30-55+/hour + OT
Our client is seeking Remote Mortgage Underwriters, essential to getting loans to the finish line quickly & most importantly- with accuracy. The Underwriter will perform a detailed review of residential mortgage loan applications and documentation as submitted through Lending Officers. These extensive reviews will include, but not be limited to credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, collateral, and other applicable documentation as required to render an affirmed decision.
Salary Structure: $30-55+/hour + OT + varying comp plans by Channel.
All 4 channels have 4 different comp plans. Most are points based on a huge chart based on the type of loan.
Retail and Joint Venture are averaging 5-6K/month. Some top performers in Retail are at 10K/month.
Opportunities available in Consumer Direct, Retail, Wholesale, and Joint Venture
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines for quick and accurate answers
- Provide quality assurance on all loan approvals
- Analyze borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Ensure loans meet both agency and government guidelines
- Accurately calculate borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
- Communicate loan decisions to internal departments in a timely manner
- Works closely with Account Managers, Lending Officers & Management to answer specific loan questions or verify condition and documentation request
- Maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
- Prioritize work queue to ensure service level agreements are met
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum quality & productivity goals
- 2+ year(s) of experience as an Underwriter in a similar model including multi-state experience
- Experience with both refinance & purchase preferred
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC guidelines
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
- Excellent communication, follow up & computer skills
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company-paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays