Reporting Analyst develops reports, queries, views, dashboards, and so on, which provide information to ECA internal clients, stakeholders, managers, and other constituents. Reports may range from quick, ad-hoc queries to formal, complex reporting which occurs on a regular cyclic basis.
The environment is primarily SQL Server, .Net, SSRS, and MS Excel, with occasional need for SSIS. While the Reporting Analyst may work independently, this role is primarily under the supervision of a Team Lead, Senior Reporting Analyst, or other.
The role requires a strong foundation in relational databases, SQL, SSRS or other reporting tools, ability to understand business requirements and work with requestors to develop reporting solutions which meet their need, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight timelines.
* Work with a variety of requestors (BSAs, clients, managers, operations, etc.) to analyze and understand requirements (intent).
* Design, build, and implement reporting solutions which meet user requirements.
* Maintain and support existing reports, reporting tools, and reporting libraries.
* Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions. * Create and maintain technical documentation.
* Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
* Account for and accurately log time against project work
* BS Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
* 1+ years hands-on experience with MS SQL Server as a developer, reporting specialist, or data analyst, including experience with SSRS or other reporting tools.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective reporting solutions from business requirements.
* Strong SQL skills, able to create and to evaluate complex SQL statements involving numerous tables and complex relationships.
* Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
* SSIS experience desired.
* Experience with TFS, BI, data visualization tools desired.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluency in English.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.