Salary Range: $21.16-$28.45 hour
Genesis HealthCare System Department
Zanesville, OH (Multiple Campuses)
Positions Avail: 6 Total
(4) Day Shift, 36 hours week
(1) Night Shift, 36 hours week
(1) Varied Shifts, 30 hours week (still FT w/ benefits)
Shifts: Day: 7A-7:30P Nights: 7P-7:30A
Requirements and Details:
- Must be OH Licensed as a RRT (no CRTs) or currently in the process (Application shows pending on Boards website)
- Graduate of a respiratory program recognized by J.R.C.R.T.
- BLS NRP (or must obtain within six (6) months of hire)
- Current certification through National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Relocation assistance available up to $1,000
- Weekend and Holiday rotation
- Will join a team of 45 other RRTs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff and patients.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize under pressure.
- Displays common sense and ability to make quick decisions.
- Experience with therapeutic skills, airway management and diagnostic testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews data in the patient record and recommends diagnostic procedures.
- Collects and evaluates clinical information.
- Performs procedures and reports results, determine appropriateness of and participate in developing and recommending modifications to respiratory care plans: o spirometry, co-oximetry; ABG sampling and analysis; pressure volume, flow-volume loops, and cuff pressure.
- Selects and obtains equipment, and assures equipment cleanliness.
- Performs quality control procedures for: o blood analysis devices; diagnostic equipment; ventilator volume/flow/pressure calibration; gas metering devices.
- Conducts therapeutic procedures to maintain a patent airway, adequate ventilation, oxygenation and remove bronchopulmonary secretions.
- Evaluates and monitors patients response to respiratory care and recommends modifications in therapeutic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to identify when to accept and refer complex issues to the next level in order to facilitate problem resolution.
- Provides clinical direction to respiratory staff throughout the shift of duty and area of responsibility when assigned charge.
- Demonstrates proficiency with clinical knowledge in order to be a resource person for new employees.
- Assembles and assures cleanliness of equipment.
- Checks equipment for malfunctions and corrects as necessary.
- Identifies and completes additional project(s) as assigned by management.
- Stays current with department information and changes by reading and initialing meeting minutes and communication book within one