Responsible for the acquisition of land, land rights, licenses, leases, permits, and other documents necessary for the construction, operation and maintenance of electric transmission lines and/or distribution facilities.
* Properly prepare, maintain and revise (as needed) of property owners' files, right of way maps, records, drawings, exhibits and necessary progress reports.
* Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
* Able to handle complicated negotiations with land owners (or their designees) for the acquisition of rights relative to the construction, reconstruction, enlargement or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities and supervise contract agents as required.
* Able to settle complicated damage claims with land owners (or their designees) relative to property damage caused or created during the construction, reconstruction, enlargement, maintenance or removal of transmission and/or distribution facilities and supervise contract agents as required.
* Search courthouse and other records as may be available to determine present property ownership(s) and the extent of interests therein.
* Remain knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted real estate appraisal practices; advise and assist in establishing a range of fair market values to be used in the acquisition of land and land rights.
* Draft & prepare documents for rights of entry, damage claims, contracts, easements, licenses, leases, permits, options to purchase and other documents as may be necessary to acquire adequate rights for electric transmission and/or distribution facilities using Transmission document database (TransROW).
* Conduct and participate in public meetings and informational hearings, as needed.
* Assume additional responsibilities and projects as required and communicate closely with the personnel.
Required Experience, Skill, and/or Degree
* Bachelors' degree in business, real estate, construction management or fields related to business, accounting, real estate, contracts or planning, construction or maintenance of electric systems
* Two years' experience minimum in acquisition, deeds recording, title research, acquisition of real estate, or right of way activities.
* Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Indus Passport, Excel, NOVA, Business Objects, Primavera, and background with cost control in budgeting and accounting rules.
Performance Expectations: Requisite Abilities and Skills:
* Demonstrate the ability to develop policies and standards for the acquisition of cost effective and time sensitive easement acquisitions.
* Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, show capable of having organizational and planning skills, as well as having an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
* Proficient in written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted practices
* Team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional and virtual environment
* Ability to plan, set, and achieve goals
* Superior level of personal character and integrity