Salary range from $28.64 - $42.95 per hr
Registered Nurse (RN) Burn Trauma ICU / Intensive Care Unit Nights Plano, TX, United States
SHIFT: Full Time Nights (rotating weekends) - 7P-7A
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 513-bed acute-care facility with more than 2,070 employees and over 1,466 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. Our main campus in the heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center, an emergency and Level 1 trauma center, a radiology/imaging center, a comprehensive cardiovascular program, the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement, The Bariatric Institute, Wound Care Center and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. We will be expanding our Burn/Trauma ICU from 18 to 30 beds with our new 90 bed patient tower opening October 2019!
The Burn Trauma ICU manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN required; Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- BSN Required
- Current AHA certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS required
- ACLS preferred
- PALS required w/in 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Pediatric and Adult ICU/CCU experience preferred
- Minimum one year hospital ICU or CCU experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of RN experience in Burn and or Trauma ICU preferred
- We will open a new 4-story tower in the fall of 2019, adding 90 patient beds including additional operating and recovery rooms and expanding our Medical Surgical, Oncology, Orthopedics and Critical Care services.
- Must have ventilator and drip experience
- Have a 24hr Trauma Surgery Team in the unit
- 58% of their nurses are CCRN certified, 4% Trauma Certified
- Have a pulmonary intensivists, a physician that is in the CCU all the time
- Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma 5/17, Stroke Certified, Cardia Certified and Pallative Care Cert.
- Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma 5/17, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
- Nurse to patient Ratio: 1:2
- Open hearts 1:1 immediate post op
- Starbucks in Lobby x 2!!!
# of Beds Per Unit: 28 Beds Current CCU = 36 total current w/CCU and Burn Trauma ICU
Burn Trauma is going from 18 (current) to 30 beds October 2019 (14 Burn, 16 Trauma) and moving to 3rd floor of the new building. CCU will remain 3rd floor North Tower w/adjacent sky bridge
Types of Services
Level 1 Trauma Facility
Comprehensive Stroke Center
Burn and Reconstructive Center Registered Nurse- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:2 and will see all types of patients- Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular and Sepsis.
Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. You MUST highlight all acute care experience as this is a priority for the client.
Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.