Title: RN ER – Fort Worth, TX
Schedule: (3) Fulltime – Mixed Shifts 11:00am - 11:00pm - 3:00pm - 3:00am (rotating weekends) / 3X12hrs shifts
(3) Fulltime – Nights 7:00pm - 7:00am (rotating weekends) / 3X12hrs shifts
The Emergency Department RN (ER RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
• Prioritize patient care as they present to the department. Re-assessment of patient conditions and symptoms based on initial acuity determination prior to and after medical screening exam as required.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Provides and documents quality patient care consistently according to hospital standards and policy/procedures.
• ADN required
• BSN preferred - Will accept ADN if enrolled in BSN program - Must have BSN in 36 months (3yrs)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Current Texas State Licensure as a Registered Nurse (Compact license is accepted but TX State RN license required within 30 days of hire)
• Current ACLS/ BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
• PALS or ENPC required within 90 days of hire, ENPC and TNCC required within 6 months of hire
- Must have 2 years of current, recent ER experience.
- MUST have acute care experience in a hospital setting
Full Benefits Offered.
Differential: Nights $3.75 - Weekend $4.20 per hour
Sign On Bonus: UPTO a $7,500 - 2yr commitment
Relocation: $3,000 - 2yr commitment