Salary range from $28.64 - $42.95 and based on years of experience.
Registered Nurse - Emergency Room Lewisville, TX, United States
SHIFT: Full Time - 3 pm to 3 am, /1 pm-1 am/ 7 pm- 7 am
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators. Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, Medical City Lewisville is committed to listening to our nursing voice; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Registered Nurse – RN – Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical Center of Lewisville. In collaboration with patient, patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN is responsible for assessing the nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN provides direct care and/or supervises nursing care of LVN’s, EMT’s, Paramedics, and non-licensed nursing staff. The RN is responsible for providing care consistent with the Nursing Department’s policies, procedures and standards of practice.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- TX RN license or compact license
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS (AHA) certification. If currently have ACLS (AHA) it must be maintained; if not, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire and then maintained.
- ENPC or PALS (AHA) and TNCC required within one year of hire.
2. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- ADN required.
- BSN preferred. If hired into RN required position after September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within 3 years of facility date.
Staff RN’s not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of 1 year recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.