Schedule: Full-time; Day Shift; 8:00A-4:30P
Burnett Medical Center located in northwestern Wisconsin in Burnett County - we're the heart of hometown healthcare. Our mission, as well as our vision and values, serves as a guideline for daily decision making and represents the principles and practices that we constantly apply. The comfort and care of our patients is a major focus of ours. We want to be your healthcare provider of "choice" - providing expert and cost effective care in a "hometown" atmosphere.
About the Town: Grantsburg, Wisconsin is located in the county of Burnett, and was incorporated as a village in 1886. Grantsburg is a warm and friendly community in the western part of the state. The facility is located only minutes from Crex Meadows Wildlife Area, and St. Croix National Scenic Riverway
- Responsible for addressing prevention and control of infections throughout the facility, Chair of the Antibiotic Stewardship Committee, providing PPE don/doff instructions.
- Advises Administration of current prospective occupation health hazards and recommends plans of action to alleviate problems.
- Serves as a member of the Infection Control Committee, scheduling regular meetings for review of issues.
- Keeping current regarding new developments in the field of infectious disease.
- Provides health consultation to employees on matters of communicable disease.
- Ensures adherence to infection control procedures for the handling of all patients/residents blood and body fluids and all materials soiled with blood and/or body fluids.
- Defines practices to reduce the risk of transmission of airborne infectious agents; disseminates information to employees.
- Maintains statistics on nosocomial infections within the facility, observing and reporting any trends or potential problems. Provides consultation to all departments in matters relating to the cause, mode of transmission, treatment and prevention of infectious disease.
- This position requires special skills and knowledge in fields of infection control, health education and counseling, and environmental health.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, possess critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and partnership skills.
- WI RN License
- BLS Required andamp; ACLS within 6 Months of hire
- Must pass drug screen and physical therapy evaluation at the time of hire
- Infection Prevention Certification
- Minimum 1year experience in Infection Control