RN Manager, Case Management - Memorial Health UHC, Savannah, GA
Shift: Full-time day | Rotate weekends
Memorial Health Medical Center is a 612-bed hospital in Beautiful Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital. Memorial Health serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Memorial Health System includes primary and specialty care doctors, business services, and NurseOne, our 24-hour call center. We also have a major medical education program that trains residents in diagnostic radiology, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and surgery.
Manager- Case Management has primary responsibility for the daily assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of the staff of the case management department. The Case Management Manager is responsible for guiding, mentoring, and leading the hospital’s case management team. Direct patient care experience in an acute care setting required. Ability to perform a comprehensive assessment of physical and psychosocial needs of patients. Understanding of the unique needs associated with various age populations and the ability to provide age-specific care and services. Computer literate. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Supervise assigned personnel, which include daily work assignment allocation, training, mentoring and problem resolution.
- Evaluates performance and make recommendations to the director for personnel actions.
- Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- May assist director in employee counseling and/or disciplinary action when necessary.
- Supervise employee output and professional conduct.
- Conduct on the job training and orientation of all new staff.
- Involved in the hiring of staff members for openings in his/her cost center and or department.
- Work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment and to perform duties.
- Meet deadlines in a timely manner and understands that outcomes are metrics driven.
- Complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from director; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, patients, families, vendors, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Oversee good “iCare” core values and customer service, which all employees must follow.
- Supervise daily activities and flow of Case Management operations from admission to discharge.
- Work as a liaison between Case Management, physicians and ancillary departments of the hospital.
- Understand and enforce system, departmental and hospital policies and procedures as well as established rules and regulations.
- Cross train in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Recognize impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications.
- Keep abreast of the physician utilization of service, their specialty and specific needs.
- Communicate timely with the Director of Case Management regarding any problems, issues or concerns regarding his/her team.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by setting an example of high standards in dress, attitude, conduct, cooperation and job performance.
- Work closely with all ancillary and clinical departments to ensure patient is moved along the continuum of care in a cost- effective, timely manner to insure quality care.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
- Requires weekend supervision coverage at times.
- Perform other duties as assigned