Manager Med/Surg Telemetry, Nurse - Austin, TX
SHIFT: Full Time No Weekends
The Manager ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall daily function and staffing of the unit/department. The Manager monitors and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures and holds staff accountable for quality and clinical outcomes in support of facility objectives.
• Helps create a superior clinical identity by ope rationalizing evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
• Supports efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
• Supports the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditation, and designations.
• Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
• Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
• Manages admissions and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
• Facilitates effective interdisciplinary care coordination within and across departments. Ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
• Manages nursing practice and unit operations. Monitors and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures to ensure patient and family needs are assessed and met.
• Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
• Reviews various feedback mechanisms and helps identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Supports the development and implementation of strategies to elevate the patient experience.
• Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve patient satisfaction.
• Ensures compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
• Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
• Leads in a way that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Implements evidence-based employee engagement practices.
• Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
• Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
• Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances, disputes, or concerns according to appropriate procedures.
• Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
• Manages staff scheduling. Maintains staffing in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
• Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
LEVEL OF FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required: BSN or Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. If compact license held, RN is required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90 days of their hire date.
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
- ACLS certification from the American Heart Association preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Five years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, at least two of which must include management experience in an acute care setting
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Telemetry/cardiology experience strongly preferred.
- FTE's 70
- Will report to the Director
- Unit has 40 beds
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.