Medical Surgical Nurse HORIZON MEDICAL CENTER- Dickson, TN,
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends) 7P-7A
TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a fully accredited, 157-bed regional medical center. We offer a full array of services including cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency, inpatient rehabilitation, oncology, orthopedics, and women’s services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Horizon is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care. Our satellite campus, TriStar Natchez, offers imaging and oncology services as well a 24/7, full-service ER that provides the same services as our main campus emergency room.
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse. Cares for all patients of all ages. Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of Horizon.
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Social skills to positively engage with your patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Your degree from an accredited School of Professional Nursing (B.S. or A.S.)
- ACLS Required within twelve months of hire.
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.