Registered Nurse RN Medical Care Unit - CJW-Johnston Willis Hospital, Richmond, VA
Full-time Day/Night, Mixed shift (rotating weekends)
- 32 bed unit covering a wide patient population and disease process.
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn, grow, and advance in the unit or other specialty areas within the hospital or across HCA Hospitals.
- Provide direct access to patients for major procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.
- Consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring, dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving techniques as they are developed.
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and document all aspects of patient care.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluate patients' signs and symptoms; then record and report results.
- Set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- Assist physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- Make appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License (required)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of current nursing experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
***Candidates must have at least 1 year of recent acute hospital experience***
- # of Beds Per Unit: 32
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 5:1-6:1
- Orientation Schedule: 3 days per week for 8 weeks
- Monthly Department Volume: 30-34 per day
- Management style of director or on the floor: Manager is very involved, strong relationship between nurses and doctors, good peer to peer culture of inclusion. The director is a lot of fun and very engaged. He’s very good at being on the floor and interactive with his staff. They want RNs that have his same energy and enthusiasm.
- Will you accept pending license: YES
Full Benefits offered