Salary Range: $28.64/hr. - $39.95/hr
Registered Nurse / RN - Medical ICU / MICU – Days Dallas, TX, United States
SHIFT: Full Time Days 7A-7P (rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas Hospital is a 796-bed tertiary care center located in North Texas. This HCA facility is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and leading organ transplant program.
The hospital’s robotic surgery staff are pioneers in performing minimally invasive surgery, which reduces pain, blood loss, and scarring, while also shortening the recovery period for patients. The facility also specializes in rehabilitation, heart and vascular care, and women's services, among other services. Medical City Dallas also detects and treats all kinds of cancer while providing a calming and secure environment for its patients and respective family members.
The MICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- BSN - Required
- ACLS and BLS
- 1-2 years of ICU experience.
- Must have at least 1 yr. exp. in MICU in an acute care setting
- Must have RECENT ICU/MICU experience in a 10+ bed unit and with adult patients
- Nurse to Patient ratio- 1:1 or 1:2
- RN must have experience in managing high acuity patients, no LTACH patients.
- FTE # 45
- AT least 1 YEAR OF ICU experience in a hospital setting
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.