Compensation: 80K-119K annually
RN Manager of Pediatrics - Congenital Heart Surgery Unit (CHSU) Medical City Dallas
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 801-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
The Manager for CHSU accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is an RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
• Accept responsibility for patient safety of the Cardiovascular ICU clinical practice environment.
• Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
• Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice
• Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
• Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
• Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for the neonate up to 18 years of age.
• Create CHSU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
• Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
• Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
• Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
• Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
This is the Congenital Heart Surgery Unit, therefore, need to have experience in Congenital Heart/Pedi Cardiac service lines.
Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
• Advanced degree, preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, supervisory positions, and physician relations, preferred.
• Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
• Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
• PALS required.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. You MUST highlight all acute care experience as this is a priority for the client.
Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.