RN Salary: Salary starting $21.00 â Max $23.50 (9+ years exp) LPN Salary: Salary starting $17.00 â Max $19.50 (9+ years exp)
Due to the spread of COVID-19 candidate CAN NOT work in multiple facilities
To provide professional nursing care to residents and follow established policies and procedures of Silver Bluff Village. Assist supervisors in care and management of the unit. Provide residents with quality care. Check rooms routinely to ensure residents are being provided the care requested. Chart, assess and make observations, order supplies and equipment. Carry out instructions of supervisors. Answer questions from residents, families and nursing service personnel. Maintain unit and use of supplies and equipment. As a Nurse, you are delegated to the authority, responsibility and accountability to carry out assigned duties. This job description is NOT all-inclusive, but is meant as a guideline to what is expected of you in your position. Will only have a cart and pass meds on an emergency basis only.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to cooperate with other department heads and personnel
- Must be in good mental and physical condition and have the ability to organize, plan and direct nursing care.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm and be able to handle residents regardless of the physical or mental handicaps
- ASN/ADN Degree
- Must maintain current RN license (compact license accepted)
- No BLS or ACLS required – Facility will do BLS for the candidate
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience is flexible no requirements
- Experience in geriatrics in a long terms care setting is preferred NOT REQUIRED
- Flexible and willing to train the right person with a great attitude – NEW GRADS ACCEPTED
1. Take report from out-going nurse.
2. Make routine checks on residents.
3. Administer medications and treatments as ordered by attending physician.
4. Assess and chart all pertinent information on resident’s chart.
5. Maintain inventory of resident drugs and medications on unit.
6. Admit, discharge and transfer residents.
7. Review resident care, and recommend and implement changes when necessary.
8. Participate in in service and orientation programs.
9. Review physician’s orders to ensure accuracy of medication records, etc.
10. Take verbal orders from physician and transcribe orders accurately.
11. Order medications and supplies for residents.
12. Assist residents in getting ready for appointments and ensure necessary paperwork accompanies them.
13. Follow all policies of Silver Bluff Village.
14. The Nurse is responsible for monitoring all aspects of resident care. This includes, but is not limited to: monitoring non-licensed personnel for completion of duties, making routine checks of residents and resident care, noting any changes in resident’s condition (including illness or injury) and notifying the appropriate persons as necessary (nursing supervisor, attending physician and/or family).
15. Complete accident and incident reports as necessary.
16. Take and record vital signs as required.
17. Administer treatments, perform tests and diagnostic work and other professional services as ordered and document appropriately.
18. Provide restorative and rehabilitation services for resident as necessary.
19. May accompany physician on rounds.
20. Give on-coming nurse report.
21. May perform minor housekeeping duties around nursing unit.
22. Provide leadership to non-professional personnel assigned to your unit.
23. Perform routine charting, including via Point Click Care.
24. Monitor Point Click Care for accuracy and completeness.
25. Review chart to ensure that all pertinent information regarding resident’s condition, care and acute episodes is thoroughly documented.
26. Provide postmortem care, preparing body for pick-up by funeral home.
27. Remain calm during emergencies.
28. Assist in discharging and transferring residents, writing discharge summary, required reports, and assisting in packing and gathering personal items.
29. Assist in feeding residents and monitoring dining room activities.
30. Periodically check food trays to ensure the resident is receiving the prescribed diet, and monitoring recording of intake as directed.
31. Report discrepancies in orders, treatments, diets and changes in resident’s condition, etc. to nursing supervisor immediately.
32. Attend Hall Team meetings on a regular basis.
33. Use Coaching/Supervision approach when dealing with co-workers.
34. Assist in maintaining low noise level in building.
35. Assist non- licensed personnel as necessary.
36. Remain cordial to residents, visitors, families, and staff members at all times.
37. Promote optional level of resident independence.
38. Report any repairs needed to Maintenance Dept. by documenting in maintenance book.
39. All other duties as deemed necessary by the Administrator and/or nursing supervisor.