Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care.
- Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skills while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic and digital).
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to report critical information or change in condition.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness. Demonstrates timely pain assessment and reassessment.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and the healthcare team to coordinate care for an effective and current plan of care.
Additional Information about the Ortho/Neuro Unit:
- 31 bed unit
- RNs in the unit will benefit from a culture of nursing autonomy as well as nursing protocols to initiate treatment on patients quickly
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience and high quality of care
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)