Shift: Day shift (full-time) Three 12 hour shifts
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care.
- Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skills while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic and digital).
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to report critical information or change in condition.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness. Demonstrates timely pain assessment and reassessment.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and the healthcare team to coordinate care for an effective and current plan of care.
Additional Information about the Ortho/Neuro Unit:
- 31 bed unit
- RNs in the unit will benefit from a culture of nursing autonomy as well as nursing protocols to initiate treatment on patients quickly
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience and high quality of care
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Minimum one year hospital experience required, two years preferred.
Will consider a new grad only if they have exceptional experience within Neuro or Behavioral for their clinical and the willingness to learn.
Types of Services:
They treat a wide variety of neurological conditions
• Epilepsy Alzheimer’s disease
• Parkinson's disease
• Back pain
• Neuropathy • Nerve conduction studies
• Lidocaine and Botox® injections for headache
• Sleep studies
• Electroencephalogram (EEG)
• Electromyography (EMG)
• Multiple sclerosis treatments
• Visual evoked potentials
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
· 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
· Flexible Spending Accounts
*BSN – extra $1/hr.
Shift differentials: night - $4, weekend day - $3, weekend night - $7