Title: RN – Pediatric CVOR Supervisor – Dallas, TX
# of Positions: 1
Schedule: Full time – Days 6:00am-2:30pm ( Rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Position The Pedi CVOR RN Supervisor provides leadership for service staff ensuring the quality and integrity of care delivered. Develops plan of care for service based upon RN assessment/re-assessment. Is responsible for fiscal and human resource allocation based upon guidelines
This Supervisor is for the Pediatric Congenital Cardiac service line.
This is a really high profile position supporting a rapidly growing and complex service line. Ideally we’d find someone with a experiential depth in pediatric congenital heart. Must be someone who is well organized, high attention to detail, able to effectively lead a team, promote cohesive team dynamics and be highly relational and responsive to their surgeon / anesthesia physician partners. Must have a positive, can-do attitude, with an unwavering commitment to patient safety and continuous quality improvement. Last, the ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in multi-disciplinary collaboration – this role will need to work closely with Sterile Processing, Perfusion, Inpatient Congenital Heart nursing team and others
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Strong PEDS experience - REQUIRED
- Supervisory/Management experience REQUIRED
- CVOR experience REQUIRED
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
- CNOR within 6 months
- ACLS and/or PALS within 6 months
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must have expertise in the specific specialty providing leadership/management skills.
- Must have working knowledge of overall OR service to add organizational value
- Management experience required and competent in pre-operative practice