Registered Nurse RN Progressive Care Unit CICU – LewisGale Medical Center, Salem, VA
SHIFT: Full-time days/nights (Rotating weekends)
Orientation Schedule: Three (3) days Monday – Wednesday
Reporting structure: Charge Nurse, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Director
About Progressive Care Services (PCU)
Our progressive care units are for patients who require more medical attention than is available on a general unit, but less than what is required in the ICU. Our board-certified, multidisciplinary team of specialists offer compassionate care for our Medical, Cardiac and Surgical PCU patients.
Each unit offers specialized care for a range of conditions.
- 45-Bed Cardiac PCU*
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity (very fast pace) – 4:1
- Patient turnover ranges from 1 – 3 days
- Types of patients on this unit require various drips and rhythm monitoring
- Part of LGMC Shared Governance councils
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)