The Specialist – SAP HANA BI Developer will leverage our SAP HANA database and capabilities to solve real business challenges, develop advanced software tools and functions that create, manipulate, and analyze large-scale and complex datasets.
Has strong knowledge/interest in database technology and concepts, data mining, data reporting, etc.
Has a solid orientation in the use of and need for software and Information Systems within the organization, understands criticality and business value of IT systems, is familiar with best practices in software development, and possesses general understanding of the overall IT application portfolio.
• Develop and deliver on a BI/reporting strategy based on Native HANA/HANA Live that supports future-state goals while optimizing current service portfolio.
• Create and enhance new/existing Native HANA models, views and BOBJ reports and dashboards to meet business needs and in accordance with business priorities and IT standards.
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization (senior management, representatives of the business departments, IT peers, employees) and externally (outside vendors, peer companies, etc.).
• Own, drive and effectively facilitate business meetings, concurrent project commitments and project schedules.
• Maintain close relationships with IT peers, customer and vendors to accomplish business goals.
• Author end-user training, step-by-step how-to, reference cards and whitepapers on various functionalities and features within SAP Native HANA, BOBJ and ECC components.
• Manage the deployment/integration of projects with involvement of outside vendors and contractors.
• Liaise with Security and Basis teams to provide the necessary authorizations for the users to access the reports and train the users as and when needed to view the reports.
• Monitor the SAP support pack release strategy and advice on the error corrections and need for upgrading the SAP HANA and BOBJ BI system landscape.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (with significant computer coursework), with GPA of 3.25 or higher.
• Possess general understanding of the overall IT application portfolio.
• A customer advocate and business partner who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-client team environment, while excelling in solo operations.
• Work directly with SAP on technical issue resolution via SAP’s OSS service.
• Ability to multi-task and self-prioritize competing responsibilities.
• Strong Native SAP HANA modeler, building graphical and scripted calculation views/Information models for SAP ECC data.
• Strong in SQL, SQL scripting, procedures, and debugging SQL.
• Prior HANA projects across various SAP ECC Logistics modules (SD, MM, Freight, PM, EHS Management, Reliability), Supply Chain Management.
• In-depth expertise in SAP HANA Live and Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS).
• Prior experience with quantity and currency conversions for value and amount measures in the HANA models.
• HANA Studio, BOBJ/BI Platform 4.2: WEBI, Dashboard Designer, OLAP for Analysis, SAP Lumira, Design Studio.
• Familiarity with methods to sourcing data (HANA SDA and SDI) from SAP and non-SAP systems into HANA.
• Familiarity with Native HANA transports, XS engine, web applications.
• Familiar with IT Project Management concepts, software development methodologies and best practices.
• Background or extensive expertise in SAP BW: 3.x, 7.0, 7.3, 7.4 and 7.5 (on HANA), BW-Integrated Planning (IP).
• Expert architect and broad experience in modeling the data in LSA (w/o HANA) and LSA++ (with HANA) layers.
• Familiarity with SAP tables.
• Good knowledge of ABAP coding.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume.
Candidates without a proper, detailed write-up will not be forwarded to the client.