Green Card, US Citizen
- Design and maintain objects in large clinical 2-3 TB SQL Server Databases (tables, views, procedures, functions etc
- Design and code a large number of SQL Queries and stored procedures
- Tune complex SQL Server queries, drive to best performance possible.
- Implement processes and procedures for the development and release of products/projects that facilitate high quality and rapid deployment
- Provide solutions to promote data integrity in enterprise systems.
- Participate in code reviews to validate effectiveness and quality of code.
- Publish documentation and collaborative information using internal tools.
- Research, discover, test and implement new solutions/tools.
- Expertise in Database Architecture in an environment that handles large volume of data, excess of 500 million every day
- Demonstrate expertise in performance tuning including both query and server optimization utilizing SQL tools and/or 3rd party solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling, database design, optimization for performance, SQL, stored procedures
- Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing and developing solutions
- Hands-on development experience in SQL Server 2008 or above using SSIS and SSRS
- Experience in trouble shooting and resolving data issues
- Eager to learn clinical data and systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Monitor and perform tuning on complex ETL jobs using meta-data/variables/parameters.
- Performance tuning experience using 3rd party tools
- Audit/development experience in highly regulated environment.
- Experience using Jira & Confluence as part of development life cycle
- Familiar with Continual Improvement processes
- Familiar with Git
- 8 years + relational database and SQL experience
- Creativity, curiosity, initiative and self management are key attributes candidate embodies.
- Solid experience (4 years +) in coding complex SQL queries and stored procedures. The ability to explain the details of performance tuning internals of the database.
- Strong understanding of database development methodologies (Source Control, Continual improvement, Release Management, Agile and Scrum)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo) and Test Driven Development (TDD) a big plus
- Experience with Red Gate Tools a plus (SQL Source Control, SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, DLM
- Health care domain knowledge a big plus.
- BS or equivalent in engineering or related technical area
- Masters degree preferred
Questions from the employer
You will need to answer the following questions when you apply to this job.
- Candidate's full name
- Candidate's email address and phone number
- What is the candidate's work authorization?
- Has the candidate ever been submitted for an opportunity with Kaiser Permanente prior to now?