Our client is a spinal instrumentation company with a focus on the design and development of implants and spine devices for all segments of spinal surgery. In order to maintain our growth and continue serving our customers with excellent service, our Recruiting Team searches for the best and the brightest in their field. We are seeking a Senior Design Engineer with an expertise in Spine to fill our expanding Engineering Department.
This position directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering pro within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors: designs, drafts layouts and drawings of medical devices, assemblies, and systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes or verbal instructions for both new and existing product design.
This position requires strict confidentiality. The Senior Design Engineer will be privy to sensitive Company records, as well as the Executive Management’s personal, private information. Information in these areas will not be discussed with anyone inside or outside the company. Confidentiality is a condition of continued employment.
· Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes projects according to project requirements.
· Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
· Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
· Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
· Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
· Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test issues.
· Directs integration of technical activities and products.
· Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
· Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
· Prepares interim and completion project reports.
· Perform liaison function between Engineering staff and all internal departments, including Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Sales, Production, Accounting, Metal Finishing and Assembly.
· Check design work of other engineering department members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification call-outs, geometric dimensions, and other out-put as directed.
· Measures machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
· Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
· Handles Material Review Board responsibilities for Product Engineering.
· Provides production support to the machining area and the assembly area.
· B. S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Minimum of 7-10 years design engineering experience in spine.
· Advanced knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology.
· Strong background in medical device industry.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to make technical presentations to our client’s Spine customers.
· Extremely intuitive and highly skilled at problem solving and resolutions.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
· Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
· Excellent verbal skills.