Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated analysis engineer with composite structures experience for military and/or commercial aircraft.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to static and dynamic analysis of composite structures, bonded and bolted assemblies
The candidate also have experience with composite material mechanical characterization and dynamic testing (modal, forced vibe acoustic etc.) of coupon and subelements.
Ability to define and lead characterization and test activities, including: authoring test plans and test reports, data reduction and calculation of material allowables.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 8 years related experience in analysis engineering function
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with Nastran or ABAQUS
- Static, dynamic and thermostructural analysis experience
- Test lab experience, including instrumentation and data reduction
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
Experience Preferred :
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V5, Fibersim, Altair Hyperworks/Optistruct, and Hypersizer are also desirable
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim to generate finite element models
- Requirements definition and verification
- Constitutive Model Development and implementation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.