· Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for transplant patients and the general population.
· Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
· Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
· Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
· May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
· Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
· Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
· As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience include residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship training in Infectious Diseases with at least 1 year specialized training or experience in Transplant Infectious Diseases.
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License of Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty; must be a member in good standing of the Hospital.
IM and ID training are required
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.