This Business Development Specialist (BDS) will build and develop key relationships with personnel from key accounts and the US Navy in the UUV or USV program. The BDS will identify, through a critical-needs assessment, problems in the design or construction that could be solved by using WL expertise in controls or motors engineering. Once identified, the BDS will create an executable plan that includes required resources to solve the identified problems, presenting the ultimate solution(s) to all stakeholders, including the US Navy.
- Identify current problems that exist in UUV or USV existing or emerging designs that WL could solve by using its motor and/or controls design expertise
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships at NAVSEA/Shipyards/Systems OEMs in the unmanned vehicle community to promote Ward Leonard solutions
- Identify and participate in industry trade organizations and events
- Work effectively with internal sales and support personnel, engineering, and technical support personnel to ensure that the customer’s requirements are met in a professional and timely manner
- Work with Sales Management Team on matters of pricing, internal channel or market conflicts, customer competitive issues, current and future customer needs including or market developments
- Understand the customer’s business plan and product requirements and effectively present Ward Leonard solutions that meet customer’s current and future needs
Reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Job requires sitting at a desk work, including phone communications and using a computer. Also involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility. Requires ability to drive a motor vehicle and travel by air or rail. Requires a valid passport.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
- Spends approximately 50% of time working in an office environment.
- BS Engineering (EE, ME, Systems)
- 3-5 years of experience working within the UUV or USV naval programs and having a broad and deep knowledge of existing systems and challenges
- Exceptional Communication: Verbal, Written and Presentation skills
- Ability to manage a cross functional team from concept to prototype to production
- US Citizen
- Product – Motor Controls and/or motors for US Navy or Commercial Marine
- 5-10 Years’ experience with proven success
- US Navy or commercial marine applications for motors and controls
- Shipyard / DoD motor and/or control repair