This means that effective recruitment requires an interplay of elements, resources, processes and relationships that is orderly, stable, reliable, effective and adaptable, in addition to having other features characteristic of a functioning system.
- A good recruitment system will be in place longer than individual good recruiters.
- A great recruiter can accomplish much alone; but for others, it is necessary to have a systematic way they can learn to be the best without costing the organization money due to mistakes.
- A good recruitment system will ensure that things are done the same way each time, standardizing paperwork and procedures for Human Resources.
An "e-Recruitment" system is also available for recruiters to advertise jobs online where the applicants fill a form online and send or post their profiles. It is also a strong and effective recruitment system. As broad acceptance and technological advances penetrate recruiting, many of the traditional features of recruiting systems, e.g., file cards, mailed resumes and limited exposure, are vanishing.
Like any other system, a recruitment system must have certain features in order to be effective. These include:
- fixed and dependable relationships between "inputs" and "outputs", e.g., application and hiring, respectively
- sufficient flexibility to cope with emergencies, disruptions, overload and other non-routine conditions and perturbations
- resources essential to functioning of the system, e.g., adequate staff numbers, training, access to technology, time and energy
- the capacity to adapt, evolve and to grow, where warranted or required, e.g., introduction of video conferencing as an adjunct to traditional interviewing
- features that ensure stability and self-correction when needed, e.g., a professional code of ethics and safeguards against scammers
- synchronization of its elements and processes to ensure smooth functioning, e.g., efficient scheduling of interviews
- reliability and relative predictability
Comparison of one's own recruitment "system" with a checklist of this sort can be a useful exercise in self-assessment, diagnostics and operational "quality control".
Master the art of closing deals and making placements. Take our Recruiter Certification Program today. We're SHRM certified. Learn at your own pace during this 12-week program. Access over 20 courses. Great for those who want to break into recruiting, or recruiters who want to further their career.Take Program Today
Career Research Tool
Use our career research tool to find more than just a list of careers - find the right long term career for you. Explore salary trends for each type of profession, read sample job descriptions, and find the professional and educational requirements for specific careers.Use it Now