Moreover, since e-learning includes video, audio, text chat, file-swapping and sharing and email, it can be just as lively and personal as any classroom experience, if not more so in many instances. When incorporated into a classroom format, e-learning assets provide rich adjuncts to a teacher's and students' educational resources.
Among the reasons why e-learning has diffused to all corners of the world, there are these:
* E-learning is a time-saving and also a cost-effective learning process. Commuting or a change of residence, e.g., to an on-campus or near-campus location, is not necessary, which means saved time and money.
* E-learning is customizable to meet not only individual needs, but also often with individual one-to-one instruction that allows engagement and progress at one's personal pace.
* When software-based, e-learning eliminates some of the hazards of on-site, classroom-situated instruction, including cancellation of classes because of snow storms that disrupt the teaching schedule.
* Because e-learning is remote, it allows participants to multitask-both as students and as teachers, e.g., to study online while researching in a library or waiting for one's child having a dental check-up.
* Around-the-clock availability of e-learning allows great flexibility with respect to personal schedules and personal rhythms, e.g., of "night owls" and "morning larks".
* E-learning materials can be entirely digital, eliminating the costs and inconvenience of bulky books and bags.
* Feedback can be instantaneous, e.g., after testing. Instead of waiting for a teacher to return exams days or weeks afterwards, students can get their results (often with analysis and interpretation) virtually immediately.
* Depending on the program, e-learning allows taking extended breaks from the course with resumption later-unlike classroom-based instruction, which usually allows only bathroom breaks.
* E-learning is environmentally friendly in reducing paper, gas, oil and other resource consumption.
Other benefits to some individuals include accommodation of shyness. Because e-learning is without the conventional classroom audience, shy students or those easily embarrassed or afraid to make mistakes can feel more comfortable, relaxed and able to focus on their studies in less anxiety-provoking framework.
Master the art of closing deals and making placements. Take our Recruiter Certification Program today. We're SHRM certified. Learn at your own pace during this 12-week program. Access over 20 courses. Great for those who want to break into recruiting, or recruiters who want to further their career.Take Program Today
Career Research Tool
Use our career research tool to find more than just a list of careers - find the right long term career for you. Explore salary trends for each type of profession, read sample job descriptions, and find the professional and educational requirements for specific careers.Use it Now