Administrative Director of Facilities Management - Reston Hospital Center, Reston, VA
SHIFT: Full Time | No Weekends
Reston Hospital Center is a 187-bed HCA Healthcare facility located in Northern Virginia. The hospital offers an array of services, including emergency care, cardiovascular care, a Level II trauma center, and women's services. The Center has earned many awards and accreditations for the quality of its services, such as recognition as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures and a Primary Stroke Center with the Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission. Staff members say Reston Hospital Center is a great place to work because of its friendly staff, emphasis on teamwork, and opportunities for growth.
The Administrative Director, Facilities Management plans, coordinates and directs all functions and activities of the Department of Engineering, Telecommunications, Security and Bio-Medical Engineering. This individual is responsible for staff performance and the accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accordance with corporate, hospital, department and safety policies and procedures to meet both company and regulatory requirements. The Administrative Director is a qualified individual with general knowledge of all applicable building codes and licensure requirements (NFPA, VA State Code, BOCA National Codes); and OSHA, EPA, Joint Commission and other National and State regulatory rules and regulations. In addition, the individual assumes a large role in strategic planning and sustainability initiatives for the campus. Serves as the facility Safety Officer and Co-Chair to the EOC committee.
- Develop and maintain current preventive maintenance programs to maintain the buildings, equipment, alarm systems, grounds, and building support system to ensure that the maximum time of service is received from the buildings and grounds.
- Is subject to emergency call.
- Approves, assigns, audit work orders and other tasks to subordinates
- Assists with training of new personnel; works with Chief Engineer to develop in-service training for maintenance employees
- Direct daily department operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity and patient satisfaction goals
- Ensure continuous safety and efficient and economical operation of the hospital's equipment, machines, plant, and building
- Serves as a member of the hospital’s committees: Department Head, Environment of Care, Emergency Preparedness, FECC, Infant Security
- Maintains proper functioning and operation of control systems, alarms, and fire detection systems.
- Oversee the implementation and proper application of policies, programs, and services as established by federal, state, and regulatory bodies
- Establishes departmental policies and procedures
- Manages design of building systems and equipment; assists with code compliance of same, develops drawings, etc.
- Primary facility representative with vendors and contractors in the development of local construction and renovation proposals and manages the day to day activities of these construction, renovation and utility projects
- Serve as the point person on management of the Environment of Care (EOC) with the goal of full compliance with all applicable regulatory agency requirements
- Manage physical space control, safety and EOC of satellite buildings and departments, relocation of equipment and departments, landscaping, and property development
- Manage all capital, in-house, development, construction and turnover acceptance projects
- Performs other duties as required by the CEO, COO, Vice President of Operations.
Education: College degree preferred in architecture, engineering, construction, or a related field.
License/Certification: CHFM (Certified Health Care Facilities Manager) preferred
Memberships: ASHE (American Society for Healthcare Engineering) preferred; required within first year of hire
Training and Experience: At least ten years of experience in hospital building operation and maintenance which includes at least five years of progressive, demonstrated management/supervisory experience.