Performs all aspects of Sterile Processing including decontamination, inspection, packaging/prep, and sterilization of instruments and equipment in accordance with AAMI and AORN standards.
- Decontaminates instruments and equipment according to established policies and procedures in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operates mechanical equipment to decontaminate instruments, equipment and other items as required.
- Uses manual method to decontaminate instruments, equipment and other items as required.
- Inspects instruments and other components for cleanliness and proper functioning prior to wrapping.
- Assembles trays and packs according to specifications and established procedures for designated areas.
- Incubates and monitors biologicals according to established procedures.
- Assures incubation documentation is complete and accurate; Initiates appropriate procedure for recall if positive biological is observed.
Schedule: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) and will include at least one weekend per month as well as at least two holidays per year. This is subject to change.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year experience in Sterile Processing Department
- Medical/Dental assistant experience with sterile technique training preferred
Sterile Processing Technician Certification required or within 1 year of employment
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.