The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned facility.
Types of Services: Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby, Women’s services
· Minimum: RN in CA, BLS
· Specialty certification preferred
· NNCC certification preferred
· BSN Required
· Minimum: acute care experience 3+ years required, women’s services experience required, clinical education experience preferred
What outside of the job description, are you looking for in a candidate?
· Ability to handle competing priorities, manage leadership expectations, positivity, self-starter
· Minimum: Ability to use critical thinking skills and prioritize aspects of patient care; possesses good interpersonal communication skills. Is able to calculate medication dosages and safely administer medications within the critical care setting.
· # Of Beds Per Unit:
· Mother Baby Unit= 21 rooms (overflow to first floor, 6-12 couplets)
· Labor & Delivery= 17 Rooms, 3 OR
· Antepartum= 18 beds
· Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:1 (L&D), 1:2 (antepartum), 1:4 (MBU)
· Monthly Department Volume: Average deliveries 200-250 per month
Top 3 objectives:
· Quality and safety (Hemorrhage management, mock drills, Bishop report, MEWS scoring)
· Education priorities (Back to basics, new hires, StaRN onboarding)
· Division/facility initiatives (Donna Wright ongoing competency, Competency Based staged orientation implementation, JANE)
What outside of the job description, are you looking for in a candidate? Ability to handle competing priorities, manage leadership expectations, positivity, self-starter