Oversees all areas of Surgical Services.
- Operating Room
- Pre-Admission Testing
- Central Sterile Processing Department
- Same Day Surgery
Facility has 400 beds; Average daily census – 170-180
Approximately 105 FTEs in department
One Manager will report to this position
12 ORs/ 7 currently being utilized
20-40 OR cases/day
The role is accountable to support the COO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care. The Director of Surgical Services shall direct, supervise and over-see operations of all Surgical Services Product Lines as assigned. Assumes 24-hour responsibility for multiple units which include but not limited to the Operating Room, Endoscopy, PACU, Pre-Admission Testing, Central Sterile Processing Department, and Same Day Surgery.
Responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the perioperative patient. Serves as a clinical resource for the clinical managers and coordinators, anesthesia and physicians as well as other members of the perioperative staff. Works to integrate perioperative services into one team by seeking input and by-in from clinical staff across multiple units. Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesia regarding concerns.
· Oversees Surgical Services billing processes/staff. Monitors billing/charging functions within the department to ensure corporate compliance.
· Coordinates participation and success in regularly scheduled supply inventory in conjunction with Materials Management
· Collaborates, integrates, and communicates to all team members providing optimal efficiency of daily operations in running the Surgery board
· Assumes 24-hour accountability, authority, and responsibility for the financial, equipment, information technology and scheduling, for Surgery Services
· Selects personnel for hire and promotion; takes appropriate actions regarding counseling, disciplinary actions, demotion and termination
· Oversees Surgical Services billing processes/staff. Monitors billing/charging functions within the department to ensure corporate compliance
· Directs, supports and coaches direct reports
· Develops and manages the annual department operating and capital budgets
· Directs daily operations of assigned department/s
· This position manages the throughput of all areas, First Case on-time start, Tissue Management, turnover time in Surgical Services, supply coordination with materials management, coordination of equipment, and coordination of schedule.
· Achieves ongoing compliance with all regulatory agencies
· Performs all other duties as assigned
Required: Active RN license in the state of Arizona; BLS
Required: Bachelors degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing. Candidate must also be actively enrolled in a Masters degree in nursing program; or agree to enroll and complete Masters degree within 24-months of hire.
Required: Three (3) to five (5 years) years of demonstrated work experience in a perioperative services leadership role.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.