Title: Endo Technologist - Plano, TX
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday from 9am-5:30pm with Rotating Call.
The Endo Tech - Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the Endoscopy patient under the supervision of the professional nurse, and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of the Endoscopy Laboratory according to the standards and policies of the Endoscopy Laboratory.
Performs direct patient care as assigned by the RN and reports observations, results of procedures, and patient needs to appropriate person.
- Utilizes time effectively to organize and assist in designated tasks consistent with educational training and patient care area requirements.
- Performs technical skills and designated tasks as outlined during educational training and nursing/procedural unit requirements.
- Assists with input of patient charges/orders and maintenance of department logs.
- Performs clerical or administrative tasks as necessary to assure consistent department operations.
- Utilize computer/handheld for documentation as required.
- Understands principles of HLD-reprocessing of flexible endoscopes and equipment as per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Cleans, disinfects and stores endoscopy instruments and reports any malfunctions.
- Initiates repair and replacement of endoscopy equipment/supplies.
- Accurately orders supplies/equipment based on department needs.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- Endoscopy, ORT or EMS experience REQUIRED
- GTS per SGNA or completion of SGNA GTS modules within six months of hire.
- Hospital experience and knowledge of medical terminology REQUIRED
- High school diploma/GED preferred
1 year RECENT experience as a Endo Technologist (will look at 6 months experience)
MUST have RECENT experience in an acute care setting.
MUST HAVE ACUTE CARE EXPERIENCE IN A HOSPITAL
MUST live within 25-30 minutes of facility for on call.
Full Benefits Offered.
On Call Pay: $2.00 p/h - If called in paid time and a half of their base pay.
Sign on Bonus – UPTO $5,000