Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing.
Required License or Certifications:
Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.Preferred License or
Certifications: National Certification in area of specialty.
Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience - acute care setting
Preferred Experience: 2+ years in large ICU setting in trauma center
- Busy units with high acuity; High volume
- Nurse/Patient Ratio: 1:1 may be 1:2
- CRT's, Vents, Proning, Temp Control, etc.
- Nurse driven, autonomous, modified self-scheduling
- ED experience welcome
- NO NEW GRAD
- Compensation - based upon years of experience:
- Sign-on/Relo - Up to 10K with 2 year commitment - paid out 1/2 first check, 1/2 at end of year 1. (Flexible if needed for relocation assistance)
- Differentials: Stack
- This position is eligible for an extra $5/hr float pool premium once off orientation (8-12 weeks).