Our key client is looking to add a Learning & Development Specialist to their team located in Houston, TX. They are a Fortune 500 energy company serving more than 3 million customers across the US. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with the possibility of extension. If you would like to hear more about this amazing opportunity, please let us know!
The Learning & Development Specialist position is primarily responsible for developing, delivering, facilitating, maintaining training solutions and measuring the effectiveness of the training solutions. The Learning & Development Specialist will plan, organize, develop, direct, and conduct a wide range of training activities. This person will also assess training needs, along with providing leadership and subject matter expertise in planning, development and implementation of instructor lead courses and on-line learning solutions. In order to provide comprehensive training support, The Learning & development specialist will be expected to identify and utilize in-house developmental/training program(s), as well as maintain relationships with internal and external vendors and resources. This role will be responsible for troubleshooting and isolating performance gaps with business leaders, business analysts, and the Training Manager; and implanting the appropriate interventions. Furthermore, this role will consult with management on program effectiveness, in addition to tracking, trending, and reporting progress against training goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with managers and subject matter experts to develop various forms of training materials including job aids, e-Learning courses, hybrid trainings and more
- Able to train and/or facilitate in classroom training effectively
- Able to develop instructional objectives from a needs analysis, and design and develop e-Learning trainings including evaluation of course material post delivery
- Able to manage, develop project plans, execute and meet clearly defined outcomes
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, in the course of training design and facilitation.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and adapt materials and training methodologies to a diverse learning audience using adult learning principles.
- Develop/Design instructional materials that are interactive, innovative, functional, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design and learning theory principles
- Develop and manage the rollout plan for an integrated set of training modules with careful consideration for appropriate sequencing, prerequisites, and class sizes
- Conduct post training evaluation to assess participant reactions, knowledge acquisition, and application of learned skills and impact of training.
- Must be able to proficiently evaluate and make recommendations to enhance new and existing curriculums
- Bachelor’s degree required; Preferred field in Education, Instructional Design, Communications, Business, or Organizational Behavior.
- Certifications preferred: Training, Curriculum Developer, or Instructional Designer.
- 2+ years professional work experience or applicable advanced degree and 1-year professional work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in curriculum development, and training facilitation in a fast-paced environment handling training logistics and activities required
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated proficiency in designing, building, and deploying instructor e-learning modules using real-time technology and the ADDIE model of curriculum
- Experience in formal adult training/instruction in a fast-paced call center environment preferred
- Experience utilizing the Kirkpatrick 4 Level Assessment for training curriculums.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline 360, Vyond, Powtoons, and Adobe Creative Cloud is required
- Intermediate level knowledge of project management and ability to handle multiple training assignments simultaneously with little assistance
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- True team player with ability to deliver programs across the organization
- Creates value by identifying ways to simplify and improve our processes continuously
- Ability to lead, energize and inspire a classroom of participants
- Able to clearly communicate with employees across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
- Advanced Instructional Design, training, and facilitation skills
- Possesses an understanding and background of Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of performance management processes, change management and use of assessments
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently to deliver defined outcomes
- Strong collaboration and team-oriented skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the general principles of Adult Learning Theory.
Fast paced, Retail Call Center environment. Majority of work performed on a personal computer in a seated position. Ability to travel to work at other locations to support training projects/curriculum development and project launches may be required. Weekend work, extended hours and flexible work schedule may also be required especially during big project deployments.