â¢ Compensation: Salary range from $37.84- $53.76 per hr. and based on years of experience. Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available on a case by case basis.
Client is a 531-bed acute care facility hospital offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
SHIFT: Full-time DAYS (rotating weekend)
* Responsible for assisting, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients on the Critical Care Unit
* Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Critical Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment
* Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
* Functions as charge nurse on assigned shifts.
* Communicates with Nurse Director, ANM, Supervisor, AOS and Case Manager regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences.
* Assist in ensuring supplies and equipment is available for use.
* Displays positive customer service behaviors.
* Must meet the position requirements for the Staff R.N. on the Critical Care Unit.
* Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
* Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Critical Care Services that guide and support the provision of services
* Assist in planning and implementing educational needs for the Critical Care Nursing staff.
* Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement program on the Critical Care Unit
* Provides direction and instruction to staff in organization and coordination of patient care
* Provides recommendations for space and other resources needed by the Critical Care Unit
* Participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department or the organization.
* Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patientâ€™s/ family concerns including communication with administrator on site.
* Maintains TJCA standards and Patient Safety Goals. Stays up to date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
* Supports the mission, goals and objectives of the hospital.
* Responsible for the appropriate orientation and in-service training and continuing education of all personnel on the Critical Care Unit.
* Responsible for ensuring Through Put Plan is followed continuously and reviewing for process improvement.
* Assists Director in reviewing eMar scanned reports.
* Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
- B.S. Nursing preferred.
- 2-years’ experience as a Critical Care staff Registered Nurse required.
- 2-years’ management or Charge Nurse Experience required.
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Current ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained.
- 5 hours of acute stroke education annually.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.