The Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests to aid in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Assists in the collection, processing, and analysis of test ordered by a physician. Medical Technologists can recognize interdependency of tests and have knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results which are used by the physician to determine the presence, extent and possible the cause of disease.
They will be working in the Core lab nothing to do with Covid. They process lab results for hospital patients.
1. Utilizes independent judgment in performing both routine and complex laboratory tests using a variety of techniques, instrumentation, and equipment in order assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
2. Exercises professional judgment to prioritize and evaluate varying test requests efficiently.
3. Follow procedures for collecting and processing Biological specimens.
4. Performs analytical testing procedures with accuracy and precision.
5. Demonstrates scientific knowledge of testing principles, analytic procedures, and their results allowing for appropriate interpretation in conjunction with disease and physiology. Integrates multiple data to resolve problems.
6. Implements and monitors quality control, new equipment, and/or methods.
7. Performs tasks efficiently and maintains work area in orders by code.
1. Prior work experience in a laboratory setting including recent experience in multiple laboratory disciplines is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in Lab, either or both hospital and private lab (generalist is preferred)
4. Some MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or other science, with successful equivalent experience in a laboratory and have one of the following certificates issued by one of these; ASCP or AMT or AAB national certification. Must have’s (state required Florida license) or applied for temporary license is acceptable. The client will work with if they do not have Florida license. Must have ONE of the national Technologist certifications.