NIGHTS - Neuro Trauma ICU RN - Plano, Texas
Full-time nights - 7P-7A (rotating weekends)
The Critical Care ICU RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The Neuro Trauma ICU is a 34 bed unit providing 1:2 nurse to patient ratio. Neuro Trauma ICU currently provides procedures which include coiling’s, clot retrievals and cerebral angiograms. The typical patient population on this unit are TBI’s, brain tumors, post spinal patients, SDHs, SAHs, ICUs, Ischemic/hemorrhagic strokes, MVAs and MCCs.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months
- CCRN - Specialty certification preferred
- All receive NIHSS Stroke Cert when they are in the unit – 90 days
- 1 year minimal experience - Prefers 2 years experience - ICU Experience ONLY in an acute care setting
- Neuro ICU experience is a plus
- Must Have ventilator and Drip experience, will get 12+ drips. The more drips the better. Willing to train drips for person with the right attitude.
- 34 Bed Neuro/Trauma unit
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:2 and will see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
Full Benefits Offered.
Night shift differential - $3.75/hr - Weekend Differential $4.30/hr
Specialty Pay - $4.00/hr
Sign on Bonus: $10,000