Salary range from $34.99-$49.49
Nurse Manager - Critical Care ICU San Antonio Live Oak, TX
SHIFT: Full Time Nights (rotating weekends) 6P-6A
Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is licensed for 179 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitate, coordinate and delegate the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager Models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred.
• At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience.
• 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Evidence of continued professional development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
Minimum License Required:
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas