Operating Room Registered Nurse Austin, TX
SHIFT: Full time Nights (rotating weekends)
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility with 316 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes all of the capabilities and programmatic elements of a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care with Level I and II nurseries; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
Under the indirect supervision of the Supervisor(s) of the unit, the Circulator RN is expected to implement the nursing process (including use of nursing diagnosis), document nursing activities and intervention plan, as well as medication administered. The RN provides leadership and supervises the care, maintenance and activities of the surgical suite.
Education / Experience
- Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Minimum one year of experience in operating room environment as a circulator.
- Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree. Some experience in PACU.
License & Certifications
- Required: Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider
- Preferred: CNOR
- Compact license must transfer to Texas license within 90 days of hire
- South Austin Hospital Surgery department is equipped with 9 operating suites and 1 Cystoscopy suite. We perform procedures such as neuro, orthopedic and cardiac.
- Our surgical volume ranges between 5,000 and 6,000 procedures yearly, including over 250 open-heart surgeries annually.
- To accommodate our growing cardiac volumes, we added 2 state-of-the-art cardiac OR suites, conveniently located near our Cardiovascular Recovery unit. Due to the importance of orienting and educating the OR department, we have a full time educator on board to help meet the needs of our new and current staff.