Who We Are:
We are the largest distributor of high performance plastics in North America, and part of a family consisting of 16 separate brands, which provide comprehensive supply chain coordination to the industry's leading manufacturers, distributing plastic sheets, rods and films through our 90+ locations. We proudly service major industries in aerospace, signage & print graphics, transportation, manufacturing, semiconductor, marine, military & government, medical and more! We are proud to be one of the top providers of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to frontline workers in the battle against COVID-19 throughout our communities. Our vision is to expand the availability and usefulness for plastics as the world’s leading distributor exemplifying core values of hard work, continuous self-improvement, empowerment, honesty, and integrity.
The Outside Sales Representative will serve as the primary sales and account management representative to existing and new accounts within the assigned territory. In this role, you will be responsible for increasing sales and distribution within the territory by growing and maintaining the customer base and relationships.
- Must increase sales and distribution with existing and new accounts.
- Minimum 3 years field experience in sales or territory management.
- Must successfully introduce new products and work with current and prospective customers to meet desired sales and service needs.
- Must efficiently process product orders and maintain frequent contact with accounts.
- Accountable to achieve sales revenue, volume, and distribution objectives in assigned territory.
- Grows existing accounts and develops new accounts through up-selling and cold calls.
- Emphasizes product features based on analysis of customer needs and technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Circulates among potential customers or travels by automobile to sell products..
- Explains products and prices and demonstrates use of products.
- Prepares all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts, including call reports entered into CRM system and orders.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience:
- Previous experience in distribution or plastics industry is a must
- Knowledge of company product lines, plastics and materials preferred.
- Management and/or sales experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills for building and maintaining relationships with existing and new customers.
Benefits: We offer a competitive base salary, Profit Sharing, dental, medical and life insurance, 401k with matching benefits, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave and more..
Questions from the employer
- Are you a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder? If not, what is your work authorization?
- Where are you currently located? How far is the travel time to the location? Are you willing to relocate if needed?
- Do you have experience in distribution or plastics industry? How many years and what was your role? (This is a must have!)
- How many years of field experience do you have in sales / marketing / business development / territory management?
- What is your highest educational attainment? Should be a college or university degree.
- What is your expected annual base pay?