Our IT team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Product Manager to drive the implementation of new HR products, while helping to define the future of how we scale and support our workforce across all phases of the employee lifecycle. Our team owns products which support HR business initiatives to continuously improve the user experience of our employees throughout the world. In this position, they will work with developers and analysts to build complex integrated solutions using Workday and other in house developed products.
The Product Manager – Human Capital Management (HCM) is responsible for managing a set of information technology products over the life of the product from ideation through development, launch, and finally discontinuance in support of our Human Resources department. The Product Manager is responsible for strategic IT product roadmaps, prioritization of work, research and design of software, creation, delivery and management of product roadmaps and IT programs, and management of resource allocations for the delivery team assigned.
- Understands, advocates and augments the principles of information technology strategies. Understands and influences business strategy to create and gain consensus on corresponding digital strategy. Acts as the "keeper (and communicator) of the vision" to translate the product strategy and vision developed with business stakeholders into the daily technology work.
- Thoroughly understands the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies in both strategy and capabilities, and recommends solutions for improvement. The Product Manager coordinates with IT architects and business stakeholders to advocate for nonfunctional requirements and make sure that technical debt receives sufficient priority relative to functional requirements, in order to ensure success for the product throughout its entire life cycle.
- Defines the product roadmap based on business outcomes. Through design thinking processes, the Product manager will operate at the level of defining which business capabilities the product should have, and what business outcomes those capabilities should achieve. Analyzes technology industry and market trends and determines their impact on the enterprise. Formulates this data into a product roadmap for applications.
- Leads delivery of the product roadmap through the team and influencing and working with others to obtain the team’s objectives. May serve as the Scrum Master on each team. Primarily responsible for day-to-day coordination of backlog priorities and allocation of work to the team.
- Coaches and develops a strong, cohesive team capable of learning new technologies and adapting to changing market and business needs.
A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or business administration is preferred, or equivalent experience
Five to seven years (or more) of relevant experience in IT and business specifically supporting human resource systems.
Three or more years in diverse roles and increasing responsibilities across business and IT. A business-only career is acceptable if business roles included sufficient technology focus to equip the candidate to communicate effectively with delivery teams.
More than three years working in or with design thinking, lean and agile software delivery teams (preferred).
Familiar with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments. Innovative and able to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
Able to translate business needs into product roadmaps
Demonstrable experience of engaging and influencing executives and other stakeholders to support important business decisions
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.